We intend to use the data we collect responsibly, to study and analyse consumer behaviour for business and review purposes, and contact you in order to enhance your shopping experience with us and to introduce newer products and services.
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information.
Your Personal Details, such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, social media handle, screen name and phone number.
- Identify you when you visit our website or contact us – this is done to check and verify your identity, at the same time keep your information away from fraudsters.
- Delivery details – It’s an important part of our commitment towards you. It won’t be possible to deliver our wonderful products to you without your name and contact details!
- Send you account and service updates – Updates such as those done to Terms and Conditions, order confirmations etc. is done to keep you informed and updated as to any changes to Beleefy.com services.
- Sending order updates through text and email – To make sure you know when your order is due to arrive and keep our commitment of delivering the best of our products to you.
- Manage your participation in any promotions, offers or discount schemes you choose to participate in – This is to ensure you receive any discounts or offers relevant to you at the time e.g. Seasonal/Festive offers and gifting offers, subject to your participation.
- Direct you to the right part of our website – We want you to get the best out of your Beleefy.com shopping experience. This way you get to the products faster.
- Send you information about our products and services – We like to keep you up to date and help you get the best from our products. It’s up to you to choose what you hear from us and what you hear about but it’s also important for us to tell you about the best product we have to offer!
Your payment information
This means your chosen payment method, for example your card details (don’t worry we don’t keep the security code)
- Payments and refunds – It’s an important part of our commitment, and these details are needed after all.
- Record of any financial transactions – We all need records of transactions for future reference and to please the tax man!
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, by email, on instant chat, on Social Media, or in private message. If you contact us by phone we record calls to our customer care centre, too.
- Provide customer service and support – You’d appreciate the recall factor if we have these details on record. After all, you expect the best service from us!
- Improve the services and support we provide to you – Our staff is constantly trained to deliver the best customer service and report your feedback to us.
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought in the past, what you’ve searched for, what your kitchen needs, what you’ve saved or added to the cart for purchasing later, and when you have asked us to tell you that something is back in stock.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information collected when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type, how you use our website and app (such as the pages you visit and the products you look at) and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data. It helps us identify you when you visit our website, helps set default language options for you and helps monitor visitors to our site and analyse their behaviour. All this helps present to you the best shopping experience possible.
Fraud prevention and detection
We use any of the above categories of information to identify, prevent and detect fraud, against either you or against Beleefy.com Detecting and preventing fraud is an unfortunate, but an absolutely essential part of our service and our contract commitment to you. Legally, we have to do this, and it is very important for us.
We also use Purchase history data, to protect our service and uphold our Terms of Service as part of our contract commitment to you, as part of this we may make use of computer-system decisions to protect Beleefy.com and our Service.
We encourage you to always review the privacy policies of the concerned merchant and other third parties involved prior to providing personal information or transact with them.
We hold you privacy in very high regard. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies in the Beleefy group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Affiliates who help us reach out to potential new customers or promote our products on their websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You may choose to take advantage of some of our additional services, in which case, depending on your choices we may share your data with the following categories of companies to fulfil the services you have asked for:
- Social Media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and other companies approved by you.
- Marketplace sellers where you place a Marketplace order; and
- Other third party payment providers, when you choose to use their payment services
We may also provide third parties with aggregated and anonymised information and analytics about our customers. Before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you Beleefy.com